- 4–5 bananas (2½ cups mashed or 575 grams)
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- ½ cup (140g) almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (75g) coconut flour, packed
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 oz. dark chocolate (chopped (make your own to keep refined sugar free))
- Grease one 9″x5″ loaf pan (or 8″x8″ square pan) and preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and nut butter until fully combined.
- Add the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55-60 minutes (40 minutes for an 8×8″ pan). A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean and if you press down light on the top of the loaf, it should bounce back.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for about ½ hour. Flip out onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Category: Breakfast
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 10
- Fat: 19
- Carbohydrates: 24
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 8