This Paleo Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie is the ultimate gooey dessert! This gluten-free and refined sugar-free skillet cookie is a healthier alternative to the classic Pizookie. Use big chocolate chunks to make it extra chocolatey!
- ¼ cup coconut oil (solid at room temperature)
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg yolk (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (96g, 4 oz.) blanched almond flour
- ½ cup ((3 oz.) dark chocolate (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt (to sprinkle on top (optional))
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 5 inch cast iron skillet with coconut oil.
- Beat together the coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, salt, and baking soda to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan, sprinkle with flaky salt if using, and bake for 15-18 minutes or just beginning to turn golden brown around the edges. Remove from oven and serve warm – alone, or with whipped coconut cream or non-dairy ice cream.
Recipe adapted from Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 465
- Sugar: 16
- Sodium: 242
- Fat: 33
- Saturated Fat: 18
- Carbohydrates: 31
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 10
- Cholesterol: 48