This recipe for Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies is my go-to cookie recipe! My taste testers had no idea these cookies were gluten-free, grain-free, paleo, and refined sugar-free! This is one of my most popular recipes. You can easily make the cookies vegan.
- ½ cup (100g) refined coconut oil, softened, similar in texture to softened butter, use refined coconut oil if you want no coconut flavor
- ⅔ cup (96g) coconut sugar
- 1 large egg or flax egg, room temperature or for vegan/to eat the dough, use a flax egg: mix 1 tablespoon flax meal + 2.5 tablespoons water and let gel for 10 minutes before using
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2¼ cups (220g) blanched almond flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chopped dark chocolate, see Notes
- Flaky sea salt, to sprinkle on top, optional
- Mix together the coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the egg or flax egg and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, salt, and baking soda to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour (or up to 48 hours). You don’t NEED to refrigerate the dough if you don’t have time, but it’s recommended for the best flavor and texture.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350ºF. Use a cookie scoop (using this size will give you 12 cookies, using this smaller size will give you about 20) to form cookies and place on a parchment lined baking sheet; press down slightly. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired. Bake for about 10 or until just beginning to turn golden brown around the edges.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: paleo cookies, chocolate chip cookies, paleo chocolate chip cookies, vegan chocolate chip cookies, gluten-free cookies, almond flour cookies