Moist, fluffy and naturally sweetened with banana, these Paleo Banana Nut Muffins are studded with chopped walnuts. Most Paleo muffin recipes use almond flour—but coconut flour is the secret to these muffins light texture.
- 3–4 large ripe bananas, 1⅔ cups mashed or 380 grams
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup almond butter or other nut or seed butter of choice
- ⅓ cup (50g) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 12 pan muffin tin with paper liners or grease with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and ⅓ cup almond butter until fully combined.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the walnuts.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 16-19 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Flip out onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days, or in the refrigerator for 5 days.
- Once completely cool, seal in an airtight container or zip bag, removing as much air from the bag as possible. Freeze for up to 4 months for best taste!
Adapted from Paleo Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread
- Calories: 187
- Sugar: 6
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 5
Keywords: paleo, muffins, banana, banana nut, no sugar added, walnuts