You would never guess that these Paleo Banana Nut Muffins have no added sugar. All the sweetness comes from the bananas! These gluten-free, banana-sweetened muffins make a great breakfast or snack.
- 3–4 large ripe bananas, 1⅔ cups mashed or 380 grams
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup almond butter or other nut or seed butter of choice
- ⅓ cup (50g) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 12 pan muffin tin with paper liners or grease with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and ⅓ cup almond butter until fully combined.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the walnuts.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 16-19 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Flip out onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days, or in the refrigerator for 5 days.
- Once completely cool, seal in an airtight container or zip bag, removing as much air from the bag as possible. Freeze for up to 4 months for best taste!
Adapted from Paleo Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread
- Calories: 187
- Sugar: 6
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 5
Keywords: paleo, muffins, banana, banana nut, no sugar added, walnuts