- ¼ cup coconut oil (solid at room temperature, similar to softened butte)
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (192g) blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup flaked coconut (toasted)
- ⅓ cup chopped almonds (toasted)
- ⅔ cup (4 oz.) chopped dark chocolate (make your own chocolate to keep 100% Paleo)
- Flaky sea salt (to sprinkle on top (optional))
- In a bowl or stand mixer, beat together the almond butter, coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, salt, and baking soda to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Fold in the toasted coconut, almonds, and chopped chocolate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 48 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and use a cookie scoop to form cookies. Place cookies 2” apart and press down slightly. Sprinkle with a bit of flaky sea salt if desired. Bake for 11 minutes or just beginning to turn golden brown around the edges.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet and then move to a cooling rack to cool completely.
To make these cookies vegan, you can replace with a flax egg!