- 1½ cup pecans (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup raw cashews (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (from 1 orange)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup crystallized ginger (chopped (optional – this has sugar in it))
- 1 cup dried cranberries (make sure they’re sweetened with juice concentrate instead of cane sugar to keep refined sugar free!)
- Preheat the oven to 275ºF and line a baking sheet (or 2, if they’re smaller) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pecans, almonds, sunflower seeds, cashews, flaked coconut, and chia seeds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, coconut oil, almond or cashew butter, vanilla extract, orange zest, cinnamon, ginger and kosher salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir until all the dry ingredients are coated. Spread the granola mixture into an even layer on the prepared baking sheet(s).
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour, turning the pan every 20 minutes and mixing to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and press down slightly to help form clusters, and then let cool completely without disturbing to help the clumps form. Toss in the crystallized ginger and dried cranberries.
- Store in a sealed container or bag at room temperature for about a month.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Breakfast