This Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie is the ultimate thick, gooey oatmeal cookie! This gluten-free and vegan dessert is loaded with gooey chocolate. This one is sure to satisfy your chocolate cravings!
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil, room temperature
- ⅓ cup (85g) almond butter, can also use any nut butter of choice, or sunflower seed butter or tahini for a nut-free option
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 2 flax eggs, 2 tablespoons flax meal + 6 tablespoons water – whisk them together and let sit for 5 minutes to gel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda, use ¼ teaspoon if using sunflower seed butter – helps prevent the cookies from turning green when they cool
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup (32g) coconut flour
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ⅔ cup (4 oz.) chopped dark chocolate
- Flaky sea salt, to sprinkle on top, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and lightly grease a 6-inch oven-proof skillet with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a bowl or stand mixer, beat together the coconut oil, nut butter, and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the flax eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking soda, salt, coconut flour, and rolled oats to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Fold in the chopped dark chocolate.
- Press the dough into the pan evenly. Sprinkle with a bit of flaky sea salt if desired. Bake for 20 minutes or golden brown around the edges.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, and serve warm. Enjoy!
Keywords: oatmeal, chocolate chip, skillet, cookie, gluten-free