These No Bake Golden Milk Cheesecake Bars are a dessert that’s loaded with the anti-inflammatory benefits of turmeric and the warmth and comfort of golden milk. They’re deliciously spiced, beautifully colored, and perfect for sharing.
For the crust
- 1½ cups pecans
- ½ cup pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
For the cheesecake
- Line an 8” square pan with parchment paper for easy removal and lightly grease with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Add the pecans, pitted dates, coconut butter, and salt to a food processor or high-powered blender and pulverize until it comes together into a sort of sticky dough, with small pecan bits remaining. Press the pecan date dough evenly along the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a high-powered blender (I used my Vitamix, but most powerful blenders should do the job), combine all of the ingredients for the filling and blend for about 2 minutes, or until the mixture is silky smooth and creamy. You may need to add a bit more coconut milk or lemon juice to get it to blend smoothly if your blender isn’t super high-powered.
- Pour the smooth filling into the prepared pan over the pecan crust. Smooth out the top and tap the pan hard against the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer to set for at least 3 hours or until completely firm before cutting into 16 squares. If they’ve been frozen, I recommend running your knife under hot water to warm it up before cutting the bars with the still-hot (dried) knife.
- Serve straight from the fridge, or if frozen, let them thaw at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Keywords: cheesecake, turmeric, vegan, bars, dessert, no bake, golden milk