These No Bake Chocolate Strawberry Cashew Butter Bars have a creamy strawberry cashew butter base, topped with dark chocolate and a strawberry drizzle. You only need seven ingredients to make these irresistible gluten-free, paleo and vegan cashew butter bars.
- 1½ cups (384g) creamy cashew butter, can also use almond butter, but the flavor is more pronounced
- ¼ cup maple syrup, you can also use honey
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries, crushed into powder
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
For the chocolate topping
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons creamy cashew butter, or whatever nut butter you’re using
For the strawberry drizzle
- ¼ cup coconut butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon freeze-dried strawberry powder, from about 2–3 tablespoons freeze-dried strawberries
- Line a 8×8” pan with parchment paper and grease lightly with coconut oil; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the cashew butter, maple syrup, coconut flour, crushed freeze dried strawberry powder, and coconut oil. Spread evenly into the prepared pan. Place in the fridge to firm up.
- Combine the dark chocolate and cashew butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. It took 1 minute in my microwave. Pour the chocolate over the cashew butter base and spread to cover the top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut butter and freeze dried strawberry powder. Pour into a small zip bag or piping bag, and while the chocolate is still warm, drizzle the coconut strawberry butter over the chocolate. I did lines back and forth across the bars, and then ran a toothpick through the lines perpendicularly. Place back in the fridge.
- Let firm up for at least two hours before cutting into 16 bars and serving. To cut cleanly through the chocolate, I recommend using a warm knife (I like to run it under very hot water to warm it up, and then dry before cutting). Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, tightly sealed.
You can also get freeze-dried strawberry powder from Nuts.com, which is what I used here. It is not paleo though, because it uses rice hulls to keep the powder dry.
Keywords: cashew butter, strawberry, no bake, vegan, gluten-free, bars