This No Bake Banana Caramel Tart is similar to a classic Banoffee pie, but there’s no baking necessary and it’s sweetened entirely with dates! This healthy twist on a classic is sweet and scrumptious with a date caramel filling and coconut whipped cream on top. It’s gluten-free, paleo, and vegan.
For the crust
- 1 cup pecan, toasted and cooled completely
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup (about 5-6) Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
For the filling
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and/or ¼ teaspoon vanilla powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅔ cup hot water
- 1 banana, sliced into ¼” coins
For the topping
- 1 cup coconut cream, lightly whipped, see Notes for tips (from 1 can of coconut cream or 2 cans of full-fat coconut milk – make sure to drain off all the liquid in the can)
- 1 banana, sliced
- Paleo caramel sauce, to drizzle on top
- Lightly grease a 9″ tart pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Add the pecans, almond flour, pitted dates, coconut oil and salt to a food processor or high-powered blender (I used my Vitamix) and pulverize until it comes together into a “dough”, with small pecan bits remaining. Press the dough evenly along the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan.
- In the same food processor or blender, add the dates, coconut oil, vanilla extract or powder, sea salt, and ⅓ cup hot water. Process until smooth, and then slowly drizzle in the other ⅓ cup water until your desired consistency is reached. Spread the date caramel into the prepared crust.
- If you’re serving that day, arrange the sliced banana on top of the tart. If not, store tart covered in the refrigerator or freezer until the day you’re serving.
- When ready to serve, garnish with the sliced bananas. Lightly stir/whisk the coconut cream in a bowl (don’t over mix or it might separate!) and put on top of the tart. Drizzle with caramel sauce (you could also use chocolate if desired). Serve immediately and enjoy!
Head to this link for coconut milk/coconut cream tips!
Keywords: paleo, banoffee, banana, caramel, tart, no bake, vegan