These Creamy No-Bake Acai Maqui Berry Bars are full of antioxidants from acai + maqui berry powder – it’s a punch of superfood power packed into a healthy and delicious dessert bar! These gluten-free, paleo and vegan bars are so refreshing – no baking necessary.
For the crust
- ¾ cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 4 pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
For the cheesecake
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in cold filtered water for at least four hours or preferably overnight (see Notes)
- ½ cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled (use refined coconut oil if you want no coconut flavor)
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup Sunfood Acai Maqui Berry Mix
- To garnish: Fresh and/or freeze-dried blueberries
- Line an 8×8” pan with parchment paper and grease with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Add the coconut, almond flour, pitted dates, coconut oil and salt to a food processor or high-powered blender and pulverize until it comes together into a sort of sticky dough, with small bits remaining. Don’t over process, or it’ll turn into nut butter! Press the date dough evenly along the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In the same food processor or high-powered blender (no need to wash between – I used my Vitamix, but most powerful blenders should do the job), combine all of the filling ingredients and blend for 2-3 minutes, or until the mixture is silky smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Once it’s smooth, taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness/tartness levels, if desired.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pan over the crust. Smooth out the top and tap the pan hard against the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
- Place on a flat surface in the freezer to firm up for at least 3 hours before cutting. I recommend running your knife under hot water to warm it up before cutting the bars with the still-hot (dried) knife. Let them thaw at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Store leftovers tightly wrapped in the freezer.
You can also pour boiling/very hot water over the cashews and let them sit for about an hour if you want to speed up the process – it won’t be quite as creamy as soaking for longer, but it will do the trick!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: acai, bars, maqui