- 1½ cups (144g) almond flour
- ½ cup (56g) tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons cold butter (chopped)
- 1 egg
For the filling
- 4–5 heirloom tomatoes (amount needed may vary depending on their size)
- 5 oz. fresh mozzarella
- ¼ cup roasted garlic cloves
- ¼ cup fresh basil (torn)
- Salt + pepper (to taste)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, salt, Parmesan cheese and butter in a food processor, or use a pastry blender in a bowl. Pulse or blend until the texture of coarse meal.
- Add 1 egg and pulse/mix again until dough comes together. Turn out the dough onto a piece of plastic wrap, shape it into a flat round disk, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 3 days.
- When ready to bake, slice the heirloom tomatoes into medium-thick slices. Lightly salt the tomato slices – this will help draw out a bit of extra moisture. Slice the mozzarella cheese into thin slices.
- Lightly press both the tomatoes and mozzarella slices between two paper towels to help get rid of any extra moisture and pat them dry.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper into a large circle. You want it thick enough to be able to hold the filling and fold up the sides.
- Arrange the heirloom tomatoes and mozzarella as desired – I arranged them in a circular pattern, alternating slices of each. Place the roasted garlic cloves among the tomatoes and mozzarella. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top, to taste.
- Gently fold the sides up, creasing the dough together with your fingers as you go. I used the parchment to help fold up the dough so it didn’t break.
- Beat the remaining egg with a splash of water in a small bowl. Brush the outside edges of the galette with the egg wash. Sprinkle the crust with a little more Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer the parchment with the galette to the baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Check at 25 minutes and tent with foil if it’s browning too quickly.
- Remove from the oven and garnishing with fresh basil before slicing and serving.
- Calories: 297
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 200
- Fat: 20
- Saturated Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 11
- Cholesterol: 20