For the pancakes
- 1½ cups Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1 cup water
For the filling
- 4 slices gruyere or good melting cheese
- 4 slices ham (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
For egg wash
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat pancake griddle or pan to 375°F. Lightly grease griddle. Whisk together pancake mix and water. Batter will be slightly lumpy. (Do not overmix.) Let batter stand 2 minutes. Pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto griddle. You should have 8 pancakes.
- Cook pancakes 1- 1 1/4 minutes per side, or until golden brown, turning only once. Let pancakes cool.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon of raspberry jam on half of the pancakes. Top the raspberry jam with a slice of cheese and a slice of ham. Top with another pancake.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and cinnamon. Carefully dip one pancake sandwich into the egg mixture, coating both sides. Place on the hot skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until the outsides are golden brown and the cheese is melted. Repeat with all pancakes. Serve warm, dusted with powdered sugar.
- Category: Breakfast