These Mocha Almond Fat Balls are chocolatey, rich, and full of healthy fats to help give you a little energy boost and keep you fueled. They’re gluten-free, paleo, vegan and keto-friendly.
- 1½ cups raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder, use 1 tablespoon if you’re skipping the maple syrup so they aren’t too dark – unless that’s what you prefer!
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- 1–2 tablespoons maple syrup, leave out for keto and Whole30
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, optional
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine all of the ingredients except for the cacao nibs. Pulse for about 1-2 minutes, until the mixture starts to break down. It will first become powdery and will stick together, but still be crumbly.
- Keep processing until the oils start to release a bit and the mixture sticks together easily – just be careful not to over process or you’ll have nut butter. If your mixture seems dry, add the teaspoon of coconut oil to help it come together. Once the mixture is sticking together well, pulse or knead in the cacao nibs to incorporate them.
- Use a small cookie scoop (I use this one) or a tablespoon scoop to divide the mixture into equal pieces. Use your hands to roll into balls and place on a plate. Refrigerate or freeze.
- Store in an airtight container zip-top bag in the refrigerator or freezer.
Nutritional info is calculated including the maple syrup.
- Calories: 95
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 32
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 3
Keywords: mocha, almond, fat bombs, snack, no bake, keto, paleo, gluten-free, whole 30