- 2 cups raw almonds
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, or 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix together the almonds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, and maple syrup until the maple syrup coats all the nuts and seeds. Spread out almond mixture onto baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring once half-way through, until the nuts smell roasted and are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow the mixture to cool for about 10 minutes, until they’re cool enough to handle. Place in a food processor or high powered blender (I used my Vitamix) and process for about 5 to 10 minutes, stopping to scrape the bowl every 30-60 seconds as needed. The mixture should be very drippy and smooth when ready.
- Process in the vanilla and salt and blend again until smooth and combined.
- Pour prepared almond butter into a glass jar to store. Keep at cool room temperature for 1 month or in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.