- 3 cups (20 oz.) fresh pineapple, cubed
- 2 fresh mangos, 3 cups or 16 oz, peeled, cored, and cubed
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
For the oat topping
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple, mango, lime zest and juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, coconut sugar and tapioca flour. Stir to combine and coat all of the fruit evenly. Pour all of the fruit filling into an 8×8” pan and set aside while preparing the crisp topping.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, rolled oats, and coconut sugar. Add the coconut oil and using a pastry cutter, two forks, or your hands, work the coconut oil into the flour until it comes together into a course meal with no dry flour remaining. Toss in the macadamia nuts.
- Cover the fruit evenly with the oat topping and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbling.
- Let cool slightly before serving warm. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Frozen fruit would also work well here. Tropical crisp all year round!
Keywords: mango crumble, mango crisp, pineapple crumble, pineapple crisp, vegan, gluten-free