This Herby Marinated White Bean Salad is made with giant white beans, cherry tomatoes, sliced shallots, and lots of fresh herbs in a lemony marinade. Easy to make, no cooking necessary, and stays good for days in the refrigerator. Gluten-free & vegan.
- 3 cups cooked white beans, drained, I used Rancho Gordo Royal Corona Beans; cannellini beans are a great option too
- ⅓ cup olive oil
¼ cup fresh lemon juice, plus the zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 6 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved; you can also use about 2–3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes instead
- Handful of fresh dill, basil, oregano, mint, or other favorite herbs — I did about 2 tablespoons each of fresh dill, oregano, and basil
- In a jar or small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, white wine vinegar, garlic clove, Dijon, and salt and pepper. Taste, and adjust for your tastebuds if desired. Add in the shallots and let them rest in the dressing for a few minutes.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the beans and tomatoes. Cover with the marinade, add the herbs, and stir to combine, coating all the beans. Cover and let rest at room temperature for an hour, or place in the refrigerator before serving.
- Serve with greens or over toasted bread (my favorite way to enjoy them).
- These marinated beans will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, absorbing more flavor from the marinade as they sit.
Keywords: marinated salad, bean salad, marinated bean salad, tomato salad, no lettuce salad