These Green Chile Corn Muffins are the best corn muffins I’ve ever had! Flavored with green chiles & cheddar cheese, they are perfect served with a bowl of chili or a drizzle of honey.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 can (14.75 oz) creamed-style corn
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso Green Chiles
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners, or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, eggs, and creamed corn and whisk to combine. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold until just combined. Gently fold in the green chiles and cheese.
- Fill each muffin tin 2/3 of the way full. Bake until cornbread is golden yellow, about 15-18 minutes. Don’t over bake – you don’t want your cornbread to be dry.