These Granola Breakfast Tarts with Sauteed Apples + Coconut Yogurt are an incredible breakfast treat that’s so good, you’ll think it’s dessert! The granola crust is spread with creamy dairy-free coconut yogurt and topped with cinnamon sauteed apples. This gluten-free, paleo and vegan breakfast is the perfect holiday morning breakfast, or to make any morning more special.
For the granola crust
- ½ cup (48g) almond flour
- 2 tablespoons (14g) tapioca flour
- ½ cup sliced almonds, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup flaked coconut, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup pecans, finely chopped
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil, solid
For the filling + apple pie topping
- 1⅓ cups coconut yogurt, or other thick yogurt of your choice
- 1 large apple, or 2 smaller apples, peeled, cored, and chopped into ½” cubes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or apple pie spice
- 2 tablespoons pecans, toasted and chopped
- ¼ vanilla bean powder, or ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Prepare four small tart pans by greasing lightly with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut, almonds, pecans, coconut sugar, salt and cinnamon. Add the coconut oil and using a pastry cutter, two forks, or your hands, work the coconut oil into the flour until it comes together into a course meal with no dry flour remaining.
- Divide the granola crust evenly between the four prepared tart pans and use a flat-bottomed measuring cup or glass to press the crust evenly along the bottom and up the sides of the pans.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until firm to the touch and browned. Let cool completely. Store in the fridge until ready to eat.
- When ready to eat, prepare the sautéed apples. In a medium pan, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the apples, maple syrup, cinnamon, pecans, vanilla bean powder, and salt. Sauté for 6-8 minutes or until apples are slightly softened but still crunchy (or until they’re all soft – whatever your preference is).
- Immediately before serving, top each tart with ⅓ cup coconut yogurt. Top with sautéed apples. Enjoy!
You can either slice the apples, like I did, or used cubed apples. I recommend cubes in the recipe because it’s easier to make and to eat that way (and you get more apple chunks), but if you want them to look like mine, go for the slices!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American