These Gluten-Free Vegan Sweet Potato Blondies taste like fall in a bar cookie! With warm spices and dark chocolate chunks, these decadent blondies will satisfy your fall dessert cravings.
- ½ cup (128g) creamy almond butter, or other smooth nut butter of choice
- ¼ cup (50g) refined coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup (82g) mashed sweet potato, see Notes
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (96g) blanched almond flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup (3 oz.) dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8” square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, sweet potato, and vanilla extract until smooth and combined. Stir in the almond flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool completely, and then cut into 16 squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
For the sweet potato puree, you can blend a steamed sweet potato with 2 tablespoons of water until smooth. Alternatively, you can use canned sweet potato puree – I like this one from Farmer’s Market.
Keywords: blondies, sweet potato, dark chocolate, gluten free, paleo, vegan