This Gluten-Free & Vegan Sugar Cookie Skillet will make your mouth water! You’ll love this easy sugar cookie recipe – it’s gluten-free, vegan, paleo, and topped with sliced almonds and raw turbinado sugar.
For the cookie
- ¼ cup refined coconut oil (firm with a similar texture to softened butter)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax meal whisked with 2.5 tablespoons of water, let set for 5 minutes (a regular egg can also be used)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean powder, optional
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons (108g) Bob’s Red Mill blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon raw turbinado sugar
For the topping
- Dairy-free ice cream or whipped coconut cream
- Fresh strawberries (blueberries, or raspberries)
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Lightly grease a 6.5-inch cast iron skillet (or similarly sized baking dish) with coconut oil.
- Beat together the coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the flax egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, salt, and baking soda to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and raw turbinado sugar, if using. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or just beginning to turn golden brown around the edges and set in the center.
- Remove from oven and serve warm – alone, or with whipped coconut cream or non-dairy ice cream and berries.
- For any leftovers, remove from the skillet and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, paleo sugar cookie, skillet cookie, sugar cookie, sugar cookie skillet, sugar skillet cookie, vegan sugar cookie