These Gluten-Free Vegan Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies will make your cookie dreams come true! They make perfect Christmas cookies and taste so scrumptious, especially with the extra chocolate drizzle.
For the cookies
- Mix together the coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the egg or flax egg, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract. Stir until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, salt, and baking soda to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Fold in the chopped chocolate and crushed candy canes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour (or up to 48 hours). You don’t NEED to refrigerate the dough if you don’t have time, but it’s recommended for the best flavor and texture.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350ºF. Use a cookie scoop (using this size will give you 12 cookies, using this smaller size will give you about 20) to form cookies and place on a parchment lined baking sheet; press down slightly. Bake for about 10 or until golden brown around the edges.
- Once cooled, garnish the cookies with chocolate and candy canes, if desired. You can drizzle the chocolate over the cookies, or dip the cookies into the chocolate (or a combination of other). To dip the cookies, put the melted chocolate into a small bowl and dip half of each cookie in the chocolate. Once garnished with chocolate, sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
For the flax egg: mix 1 tablespoon flax meal + 2.5 tablespoons water and let gel for 10 minutes before using