These Gluten-Free Vegan Double Chocolate Pancakes are a deliciously fluffy and decadent breakfast! Made with rolled oats and loaded with chocolate chips.
- 1 cup almond milk or dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1¾ cups (168g) Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free rolled oats
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup (113g) unsweetened applesauce (you can substitute mashed banana, mashed sweet potato, or unsweetened pumpkin puree)
- ¼ cup (84g) pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Bob’s Red Mill baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- To serve: coconut whipped cream, pure maple syrup, fruit, ice cream, and/or seed or nut butter
In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine the dairy-free milk of your choice and apple cider vinegar and let stand for 3 minutes.
In a blender, combine the dairy-free milk mixture, oats, applesauce, cacao powder, maple syrup, baking powder, sea salt, and vanilla.
Blend for 30 seconds until the oats are broken down and smooth. Let the batter stand for 5 minutes to thicken up. Stir in the chocolate chips.
While the batter thickens, heat up a skillet or griddle pan to medium heat. Once pan is hot, add a bit of coconut oil to grease the pan (skip if using a non-stick skillet), and then add about ¼ cup of batter to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until the edges look cooked, before flipping gently, and cooking for another 1-2 minutes. They should be fluffy.
Repeat until all of the batter is gone, adding more coconut oil (if needed) between each pancake. If you’re using a griddle or large pan, you can do more than one at a time.
Serve warm, with toppings!
If saving for later, store wrapped in plastic wrap or an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds.
Keywords: pancakes, vegan, gluten-free, breakfast