These Gluten-Free Vegan Double Chocolate Pancakes are a deliciously fluffy and decadent breakfast! Made with rolled oats and loaded with chocolate chips.
- 1 cup almond milk or dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1¾ cups (168g) Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free rolled oats
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup (113g) unsweetened applesauce (you can substitute mashed banana, mashed sweet potato, or unsweetened pumpkin puree)
- ¼ cup (84g) pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Bob’s Red Mill baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- To serve: coconut whipped cream, pure maple syrup, fruit, ice cream, and/or seed or nut butter
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine the dairy-free milk of your choice and apple cider vinegar and let stand for 3 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the dairy-free milk mixture, oats, applesauce, cacao powder, maple syrup, baking powder, sea salt, and vanilla.
- Blend for 30 seconds until the oats are broken down and smooth. Let the batter stand for 5 minutes to thicken up. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- While the batter thickens, heat up a skillet or griddle pan to medium heat. Once pan is hot, add a bit of coconut oil to grease the pan (skip if using a non-stick skillet), and then add about ¼ cup of batter to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until the edges look cooked, before flipping gently, and cooking for another 1-2 minutes. They should be fluffy.
- Repeat until all of the batter is gone, adding more coconut oil (if needed) between each pancake. If you’re using a griddle or large pan, you can do more than one at a time.
- Serve warm, with toppings!
- If saving for later, store wrapped in plastic wrap or an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds.
Keywords: pancakes, vegan, gluten-free, breakfast