For the chocolate filling
- ¾ cup (96g) coconut flour
- ¼ cup (21g) cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup (104g) maple syrup
- ½ cup (112g) coconut oil (solid but softened)
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
For the filling
- ½ cup International Delight Peppermint Mocha Creamer
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate (finely chopped)
- Peppermint bark and cocoa nibs (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 14×5” tart pan (what I used), 9” round tart pan, or 8×8” square pan with coconut oil (I recommend lining the pan with parchment paper as well if your pan doesn’t have a removable bottom).
- Combine coconut flour, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl. Add the maple syrup and coconut oil and stir until fully combined and a smooth dough forms, pressing out any clumps of coconut oil.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan. Dock the dough (press indentations into the dough with a fork) to prevent it from puffing up and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the dough looks dry and baked through. Let cool completely.
- Place finely chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan, heat the peppermint mocha creamer until steaming hot and remove from the heat. Whisk in the instant espresso powder. Pour hot creamer over chocolate and let stand 1 minute, then stir until smooth and creamy. Pour the filling evenly into the prepared crust. Place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes to firm up the chocolate filling.
- Once the chocolate filling is firm, garnish the top with peppermint bark and cocoa nibs (or maybe peppermint candies, or espresso beans…be creative!).
- Place back in the refrigerator for another hour or so to fully set the filling before slicing and serving.
- Store all leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert