- ½ cup coconut oil (room temperature)
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 egg (room temperature (can also use a flax egg – see Notes))
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2¼ cups (216g) blanched almond flour
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (halved)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking liner.
- In a large bowl, beat together the coconut oil, sugar, and orange zest until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Fold in the fresh and dried cranberries.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to form cookies and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or just beginning to turn golden brown around the edges and set in the center.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for 15 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
For the flax egg: whisk together 1 tablespoon ground flax meal and 2.5 tablespoons water. Let set for 10 minutes to gel before using.
- Category: Dessert