These Vegan Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins are light and fluffy with a delicious texture, a lightly cinnamon-spiced flavor, and bursting with fresh blueberries! They come together quickly & easily in one bowl and are wholesome enough to eat for breakfast.
- ½ cup (120g) unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk or other dairy-free milk of choice
- ¼ cup (64g) raw cashew butter (recommended) or other nut or seed butter of your choice
- ¼ cup (50g) refined coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup (96g) blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Raw turbinado sugar, to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or grease with coconut oil.
- Combine the applesauce, almond milk, coconut sugar, cashew butter, coconut oil, and vanilla extract, stirring to combine. Warm slightly in the microwave or over the stove if the coconut oil seizes up.
- Add oat flour, almond flour, flax meal, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide between the 12 muffin tins, or divide between 10 for fluffier muffins with a more domed top. Sprinkle with raw turbinado sugar for sparkle and crunch, if desired. Bake for 20 to 23 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Once done, let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to five days, or in the freezer for up to 6 months. I like to freeze and heat a muffin in the microwave when I want it!
Keywords: gluten-free muffins, vegan muffins, dairy-free muffins, gluten-free vegan muffins, blueberry muffins, healthy blueberry muffins