These Easy Peanut Butter Cornflakes Bars are naturally gluten-free, vegan, and absolutely irresistible. They’re quick and simple to make, and can be made using your favorite nut or seed butter if you need a peanut-free or nut-free option.
- 1½ cups (384g) creamy peanut butter or your favorite nut or seed butter
- ⅓ cup (66g) coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup (84g) maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- ¼ teaspoon salt, if your nut butter is unsalted
- 2½ cups (78g) corn flakes, crushed, see Notes
For the chocolate topping
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons (32g) creamy nut butter, use the same as you used for the filling!
- Line an 8×8” or 9×9” pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt if using. Add the crushed corn flakes and stir until combined.
- Taste your delicious creation, and add a little more salt or vanilla or sweetener if you feel like it! Then press into the prepared pan in an even layer. Place in the fridge or freezer to firm up, about an hour.
- Once firm, combine the chocolate and nut butter in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave for a minute, stir and repeat in 15-second increments until melted. Pour evenly over the bars. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, if desired, and return to the fridge or freezer to firm up!
- Once firm, cut into 16 squares. Keep stored in the fridge. Enjoy!!
Keywords: peanut butter, bars, no bake, chocolate, cornflake