This Easy Chocolate Peppermint Fudge is the perfect, super simple holiday dessert. It’s made in just five minutes with only five ingredients, and it’s gluten-free, paleo, dairy-free, and vegan. This rich, super chocolatey fudge will melt in your mouth!
- ½ cup (112g) refined coconut oil
- ¾ cup (72g) cocoa powder, preferably Dutch-processed
- ¾ cup (192g) creamy almond butter, or nut butter of choice
- ⅓ cup (104g) maple syrup, can also use honey
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- ⅛ teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies OR crushed candy canes OR cacao nibs, optional
- Line a small baking pan with foil or parchment paper – I used a 9×5” loaf pan for a thick fudge. You can use an 8” square pan if you want thinner pieces.
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat or in the microwave for about 30 seconds to a minute. Whisk in the maple syrup to combine, and then whisk in the cocoa powder, nut butter, peppermint extract, and if using, vanilla extract and salt, until completely smooth.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies or cacao nibs if desired. Refrigerate until chilled and firm, about 2 hours.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Total time does not include time for fudge to set.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American