This Easy Chocolate Granola is a simple, gluten-free and vegan recipe that’s made with just 8 ingredients! It’s perfect served with dairy-free milk, sprinkled over yogurt, or eaten by the handful.
- 4 cups (384g) Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 1 cup nut of choice (I love almonds, pecans, or cashews)
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup (168g) pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt, to sprinkle on top, optional
- Preheat the oven to 300ºLine a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats and nuts. In a measuring cup, whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, and sea salt. Pour over the granola mixture and stir until all of the dry ingredients are coated. Spread the granola in an even layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and press down with a spatula or your hands.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through to help the granola bake evenly. When it is browned and feels dry to the touch, remove from the oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let sit for about 2 minutes until chocolate chips have melted, and gently stir in the chocolate chips to coat the granola. If desired, sprinkle a bit of flaky sea salt on top. Let the granola cool completely.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.