These Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies are soft, fudgy, and incredibly chocolatey! These irresistible cookies are loaded with melty dark chocolate chunks and crunchy hazelnuts, and you’d never guess they’re gluten-free, paleo, and vegan.
- ½ cup coconut oil, solid at room temperature, similar to softened butter
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature, OR 1 flax egg, 1 tablespoon flax meal whisked with 2½ tablespoons water, let stand for 5 minutes to gel before using*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup (72g) Bob’s Red Mill blanched almond flour
- ¾ cup (84g) Bob’s Red Mill hazelnut flour
- ½ cup (3 oz, 85g) dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Flaky sea salt, to sprinkle on top, optional
- Beat together the coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the egg or flax egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder, almond flour, hazelnut flour, salt, and baking soda to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Fold in the chopped chocolate and hazelnuts.
- Use a cookie scoop to form cookies and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet; press down slightly. Place in the refrigerator for an hour if you want thicker cookies (I did this), otherwise, you can bake right away.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Before baking, sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired. Bake for 10 minutes or just set.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
If you don’t have hazelnut flour, you can use all almond flour instead.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 275
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 163
- Fat: 22
- Saturated Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 5
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, chocolate hazelnut, hazelnuts