These Crispy Chocolate Almond Butter Cups are rich, decadent, and so delicious, with a crispy almond butter layer topped with dark chocolate. The crisp comes from crispy brown rice cereal! You’d never guess these almond butter cups were gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and vegan.
- ¾ cup almond butter, smooth or crunchy
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup crispy brown rice cereal, plus more to garnish
- ½ cup (3 oz.) dark chocolate
- Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners. Set aside for now.
- In a microwave proof bowl or small saucepan, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut butter, and coconut oil. If microwaving, heat in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until the coconut oil and coconut butter are melted and it’s completely smooth. If using a saucepan, heat over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the coconut oil and butter are melted and smooth.
- Once the liquid ingredients are smooth, stir in the crispy brown rice cereal. Divide the mixture between the 12 liners, for me each was about 1/3 full.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer to firm up for about 10-30 minutes (use the freezer if you’re impatient like me!).
- Once it’s firm, melt your dark chocolate in the microwave (using 30 seconds increments) or over the stove.
- Cover each almond butter cup with melted chocolate and garnish with addition brown rice cereal, if desired. I added a sprinkle of flaky sea salt on top, too!
- Return to the fridge or freezer to firm up completely.
- Keep stored in the fridge or freezer – they’ll soften and melt at room temperature. Enjoy!
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 13
- Fat: 18
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 4