For the filling
- 5 small-medium sized Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 1 12 oz. bag of cranberries
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
For the topping
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup natural turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup walnuts, chopped and lightly toasted
- 10 tablespoons butter, slightly softened
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Combine honey and cranberries in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 2-4 minutes or until cranberries are slightly softened and honey is warm. Gently stir in apples and cinnamon until everything is evenly coated. Cook for another 5 minutes or until apples have warmed up. Pour mixture into a 13″x9″ pan and spread evenly. Set aside.
- In a food processor or a bowl with a pastry cutter, combine first 6 ingredients and pulse or stir until combined. Add in butter and pulse into the butter is incorporated and the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the apples and cranberries. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until top is browned. Serve with ice cream, whipped cream, or alone. Enjoy!
Keywords: apple, cranberry, pie, crumble, cake, dessert, breakfast, honey, oats