- 2 lbs. apples (about 6 medium, peeled, cored and cubed (I used a variety of types))
- 1½ cups fresh cranberries
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (from 1 orange)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
For the crisp topping
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, combine the apple slices, cranberries, orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut sugar, maple syrup and tapioca flour. Stir to combine and coat all of the fruit evenly. Pour all of the fruit filling into an 9×9” (or similarly sized) pan and set aside while preparing the crisp topping.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, rolled oats, and coconut sugar. Add the coconut oil and using a pastry cutter, two forks, or your hands, work the coconut oil into the flour until it comes together into a course meal with no dry flour remaining. Toss in the pecans.
- Cover the fruit evenly with the oat topping and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the fruit filling is bubbling. If topping is browning too quickly, tent the pan with aluminum foil halfway through to prevent burning.
- Let cool slightly before serving warm. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This recipe doubles easily if you’re baking for a crowd. If doubling, bake in a 9×13″ pan and add about 10 minutes to the baking time.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert