For the crust
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons cold grass-fed butter (cubed)
- 1 egg (cold)
For the filling
- Combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, salt and butter in a food processor, or use a pastry blender in a bowl. Pulse or blend until the texture of coarse meal.
- Add 1 egg and pulse/mix again until dough comes together. If you’re mixing in a bowl, you may want to use your hands to bring the dough together at the end. Turn out the dough onto a piece of plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the strawberries, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and tapioca flour. Toss until coated. Add in the chocolate chunks, reserving some to put on top.
- Roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper into a circle, about 10” across. You want it thick enough to be able to hold the filling and fold up the sides.
- Place the filling in the middle of the circle leaving about 2 inches around the edge empty. Top with remaining chocolate chunks on top.
- Gently fold the sides up, creasing the dough together with your fingers as you go. I used the parchment to help fold up the dough so it didn’t break.
- Beat the remaining egg with a splash of water in a small bowl. Brush the outside edges of the galette with the egg wash. Let dry for two minutes, and brush one more time.
- Transfer the parchment with the galette to the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Adapted from Running to the Kitchen’s Strawberry Almond Galette
- Prep Time: 90 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert