This Chocolate Strawberry Fudge is a simple and delicious five-ingredient recipe you’ll want to make over and over! There’s no cooking required for this gluten-free, paleo and vegan fudge recipe.
- ½ cup (112g) coconut oil, use refined for no coconut flavor
- ¾ cup (72g) cacao powder, sift if there are lots of clumps
- ¾ cup (192g) creamy almond butter, or nut butter of choice – cashew would also work well here
- ⅓ cup (104g) maple syrup, you can also use honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- ⅛ teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- Line a small baking pan with foil or parchment paper – I used a 9×5” loaf pan for a thick fudge. You can use an 8” square pan if you want thinner pieces.
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat or in the microwave for about 30 seconds to a minute. Whisk in the nut butter, maple syrup, cacao powder and if using, vanilla extract and salt, into the melted coconut oil until completely smooth.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and smooth it out to an even layer. Pour the strawberries evenly on top, pressing them in slightly. Refrigerate until chilled and firm, about 2 hours.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into squares. If desired, drizzle with melted dark chocolate. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe adapted from my Chocolate Fudge
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American