These Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Crispy Bars have a pumpkin spice rice crispy base, topped with a layer of dark chocolate and a pumpkin spice swirl. These bars are easy to make, beautiful, delicious, and gluten-free + vegan!
For the bars
- 3 cups gluten-free puffed brown rice cereal
- 2 tablespoons (30g) pumpkin purée
- ½ cup (128g) cashew butter
- ⅓ cup (107g) maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons (37g) coconut oil
- 1¼ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, optional – use if your cashew butter is unsalted
For the chocolate topping
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
For the swirl
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- Line an 8×8” square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Place the puffed brown rice cereal in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan, cook the pumpkin puree over low-medium heat, stirring almost constantly, for a few minutes until thickened slightly. Add the cashew butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, pumpkin spice, and salt if using. Whisk to incorporate and melt the coconut oil, and then bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and let bubble for 3 minutes, whisking the whole time.
- After 3 minutes, remove from the heat and pour over the brown rice cereal. Stir to combine completely, making sure to coat all of the cereal.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and use your hand or a spatula to press the bars down firmly. Set aside to let them firm up.
- While the bars firm up, place the chopped dark chocolate and cashew butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 seconds increments, stirring between each, until it’s smooth and melted.
- Spread the chocolate over the peanut butter crispy bars. In another small microwavable bowl, combine the cashew butter and coconut oil and heat until the coconut oil is melted. Stir to combine, and then dollop over the melted chocolate. Use a knife to swirl the chocolate and cashew butter together.
- Let firm up in the fridge for at least 2 hours before cutting into 16 squares. Be sure to use a SHARP knife and cut them while they’re cool or they’ll crumble. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Calories: 183
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 68
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 16
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 3
Keywords: no bake, rice crispies, pumpkin spice, chocolate, vegan, gluten-free