- 1 cup 2 sticks cold, unsalted butter, cubed
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. coarse salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1½ cups mini chocolate chips
- 18 peppermint patties
- Crushed candy canes (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract (to taste)
- 1–2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350?F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Beat together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Blend in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed. Mix in the cocoa powder until well blended.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder to the bowl and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula. Transfer the dough to a work surface and knead briefly by hand to be sure the ingredients are well combined.
- Divide the dough into 2.5 ounce portions (or divide into 18 equal pieces). Wrap each peppermint patty in one portion of the dough, covering it completely. It should be in a slight disk shape. Place on the prepared baking sheets, a few inches apart. If desired, sprinkle with the crushed candy cane.
- Bake for about 14-16 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheets 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When the cookies are cooling, whisk together the powdered sugar, peppermint extract, and enough milk to reach desired consistency. When the cookies are fully cooled, drizzle on the mixture. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Love from the Oven