These Chocolate Peppermint Cups have a coconut butter peppermint filling, surrounded by homemade dark chocolate. You’ll love these easy to make, gluten-free, paleo, and vegan homemade peppermint patties.
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 3–4 tablespoons maple syrup, to taste
- ½ cup coconut butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Line a muffin tin or mini muffin tin with small cupcake liners.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together the melted coconut oil, cocoa powder, and 3 tablespoons maple syrup. Taste it, and add more maple syrup if you want it sweeter.
- Pour a small amount of the chocolate mixture into the bottom of each liner or mold cavity, until the bottom is thinly covered. Don’t use more than half the chocolate mixture for this. Place the liners in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to harden.
- While the chocolate hardens, stir together the coconut butter and peppermint extract.
- Once the bottom layer of chocolate is hard, place about 1 teaspoon of the minty coconut butter over the chocolate. Pour enough of the chocolate mixture over the coconut butter to cover it completely (if at any point the remaining chocolate gets too thick, warm it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to remelt). Repeat until all are covered. Return to the refrigerator to harden completely.
- Store in the refrigerator.
If you want the cups to store better at room temperature, you can also melt your favorite dairy-free chocolate to use instead of making your own.