- 3–4 large ripe bananas (1⅔ cups mashed or 380 grams)
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup (50g) coconut flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chunks (make your own to keep refined sugar free)
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter (to swirl in to batter)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 12 pan muffin tin with paper liners or grease with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and peanut butter until fully combined.
- Add the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin tins. Add a dollop of peanut butter to the top of the muffin and swirl in with a knife of toothpick.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 16-19 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Flip out onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Category: Breakfast
- Calories: 219
- Sugar: 11
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 21
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 7