These Chocolate Chunk Gingerbread Blondies are chewy, chocolatey, and full of warm gingerbread spices. You can get the batter ready for these easy, gluten-free, paleo, and vegan blondies in about 10 minutes. They’re perfect for the holidays, or any time of year when you’re craving a gingerbread treat.
- ½ cup (128g) creamy cashew butter, or other smooth nut butter of choice
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil, melted, use refined for no coconut flavor
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons (64g) molasses, I use blackstrap molasses or date molasses to keep paleo
- 1 flax egg, 1 tablespoon flax meal + 2 tablespoons water, whisk to combine & let set for 5 minutes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (72g) almond flour
- 2 tablespoons (16g) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chunks, I like Santa Barbara Chocolate – use code BAKERITA for $10 off
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8” square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cashew butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, molasses, flax egg, and vanilla extract until smooth and combined. Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely, and then cut into 16 squares. Store in an airtight container.
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 12
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 16
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3
Keywords: gingerbread, dessert, blondies, gluten-free, paleo, vegan