This Chocolate Chip Vegan Pumpkin Bread is quick and easy to make in one bowl! It’s warm and flavorful with lots of pumpkin pie spice and full of gooey chocolate chips. This gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and vegan pumpkin bread makes a perfect breakfast or snack!
- 1⅓ cups (325g) pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup almond milk or other dairy-free milk or choice
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup (64g) nut or seed butter of choice, I used almond butter
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 cup (120g) Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup (96g) Bob’s Red Mill blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, or 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon cloves + ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅔ cup (4 oz.) chocolate chunks or chips, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8.5” x 4.5″ loaf pan (you can also use a 9×5” pan) with coconut oil and/or line with parchment paper.
- Combine pumpkin puree, almond milk, coconut sugar, nut butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and flax meal, stirring to combine.
- Add oat flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir until combined. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and even out the top. Add chocolate chips on top and if desired, some chopped pecans.
- Bake for about an hour, or until a knife or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If your loaf looks like it’s getting too brown, tent with tin foil on top after 45 minutes. If you’re using a 9×5” pan, check on the pumpkin bread after 40 tp 45 minutes.
- Once done, let cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then remove from pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
- Store leftovers tightly wrapped in plastic wrap, foil, or in a sealed container on the counter for up to three days, or store in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months. I like to slice it and then freeze and heat a piece in the microwave when I want it!
Keywords: pumpkin bread, vegan, chocolate