This Chocolate Chip Vegan Banana Bread is so easy to make in just one bowl and it’s absolutely delicious! This vegan banana bread is also gluten-free and refined sugar-free – it makes the perfect easy breakfast, snack, or dessert.
- 1⅓ cups overripe bananas, mashed, about 3 medium bananas, mine weighed ~375g
- ¼ cup almond milk, or other dairy-free milk or choice
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup (64g) nut or seed butter of choice, I used peanut butter
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 cup (120g) gluten-free oat flour, I made my own – see Notes for details!
- 1 cup (96g) almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅔ cup (4 oz.) chocolate chunks or chips, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 8.5” x 4.5″ loaf pan (you can also use a 9×5” pan) with coconut oil and/or line with parchment paper.
- Place bananas in a large mixing bowl. Use a potato masher or fork to mash them well. Add almond milk, coconut sugar, nut butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and flax meal, stirring to combine.
- Add oat flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until combined. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Pour into loaf pan. Add a sliced banana and/or more chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour, or until a knife comes out clean. If your loaf looks like it’s getting too brown, tent with tin foil on top after 50 minutes. If you’re using a 9×5” pan, check on the banana bread after 40-45 minutes.
- Once done, let cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then remove from pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
- Store leftovers tightly wrapped in plastic wrap, foil, or in a sealed container on the counter for up to three days, or store in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months. I like to slice it and then freeze and heat a piece in the microwave when I want it!
I made my own oat flour for this recipe from Bob’s Red Mill GF Rolled Oats. To make, put the oats into a blender or food processor and process for about a minute, until it’s flour.
Keywords: banana bread, chocolate chip, vegan, gluten-free