- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 bananas, mashed
- 1 16 ounce container sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease four 7×3 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs one at a time.
- Mix in mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Whisk together salt, baking soda, spices and flour. Stir in chocolate chips. Divide into prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
This recipe makes four 7×3 loaf pans so feel free to halve it.
Keywords: banana bread, bread, bananas, chocolate, dessert, breakfast, chocolate chips