This Cauliflower Leek Soup tastes just like potato leek soup – it’s incredibly flavorful and super creamy without ANY dairy needed! Made in just 30 minutes, this Paleo + Whole30-approved soup will definitely warm you up. It’s easily made vegan.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 leeks, sliced thin, only the white part
- 1 large head or 2 small heads cauliflower, about 1.5 lbs. (fresh recommended, but frozen will work)
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock, use vegetable stock to keep vegan
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3–5 cloves roasted garlic, optional
- ½ of 1 fresh lemon
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Prosciutto or bacon, sautéed until crunchy + crumbled up, skip this to keep vegan
- Green onions, sliced
- In a large saute pan, heat two tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the leeks and onion and saute until the onions are starting to caramelize and the leeks are starting to turn golden brown.
- Add the cauliflower and sauté until it starts to brown. Add the chicken or vegetable stock and dried thyme and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the cauliflower florets are tender and cooked through.
- Add the roasted garlic if using, and lemon juice and use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. You can also ladle the soup into a blender to blend until smooth.
- Taste the soup for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. If it’s thicker than you’d like, thin it out with a bit of extra stock. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, crispy prosciutto, and green onions.