This Gluten-Free Caramel Apple Crumble features spiced, caramel-coated apples and a deliciously crunchy & buttery crumble topping.
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter, cut in half
For the topping
- ¼ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cold butter, cut into cubes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, toss together apple, brown sugar, caramel sauce and cinnamon, until well coated.
- Grease a small ovenproof dish (or two small ramekins) with butter and transfer the apples to it. Top with cold butter. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the ingredients for the topping except the butter. Cut the butter into the mixture with a pastry cutter (or use your fingers). Refrigerate mixture for 15 minutes.
- Spread chunks of the topping mixture over the apples and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the apples are done.
- Serve the apple crumble with vanilla ice cream and more caramel sauce.