Caramel Apple Baked Brie is a gooey, scrumptious appetizer that’s perfect for holiday entertaining! This easy recipe has a caramel apple topping piled on top of wheel of melted brie. It only has 5 ingredients and takes 20 minutes from start to finish.
- 1 wheel brie cheese (about 7 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 apple (cored and diced into small cubes)
- ⅓ cup Cassonade sugar
- ½ cup pecans (toasted and roughly chopped (can sub in your favorite nut))
- Apple slices (crackers, and/or baguette slices)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- If desired, remove the top rind from the brie for easier eating. Place the wheel of brie in a 6-inch cast iron skillet or on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the brie wheel is gooey.
- While the brie is baking, make the caramel apple topping. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the diced apples and sugar and stir to combine. Stir frequently for about 5-8 minutes or until the apples are tender and a caramel-like sauce has formed. Stir in the pecans.
- Remove brie from the oven and add the caramel apple topping right on top.
- Serve immediately with apple slices, crackers, baguette slices, or whatever else you’d like!
You can substitute coconut sugar or regular brown sugar for the Cassonade sugar.
If you want to prep this ahead of time, you can make the caramel apple topping and put it on the brie, and then put it all in the oven to heat when you’re ready to serve.