This Butter Pecan Nut Butter is smooth and creamy, with crunchy pecan bits stirred in and all the butter pecan flavor you love! This simple-to-make spread is perfect on oatmeal, fruit, toast, or just eaten with a spoon. It’s gluten free, sugar free, paleo, and Whole30-approved.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of ghee in a bowl and add the nuts. Toss or stir to coat the nuts in the ghee. Spread the cashews and pecans on a lined baking sheet and bake in the heated for about 8-10 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly toasted. Let cool for a few minutes on the counter top.
- When the nuts are cool, set aside ¼ cup toasted pecans to pulse in at the end. Add the rest of the nuts to your food processor or high-powered blender (I used my Vitamix). Process for about 3-6 minutes, scraping down as necessary. Your time might be shorter if you’re using a high-powered blender – it will take a little bit longer in the food processor and require more scraping down.
- When the cashews and pecans have broken down into a smooth, creamy butter, add the ghee, vanilla bean powder and salt. Process to incorporate, and taste. Adjust add-ins as desired. Finally, add the toasted pecans and pulse a few times to incorporate and break up the pecans a bit.
- Transfer to a glass jar or two (like a mason or Weck jar) and store in the refrigerator for 2-3 months.