This quick and easy Blackberry Crisp Tart has an oatmeal crust, a layer of quick blackberry chia jam, and fresh blackberries! It’s perfect with vanilla ice cream. This simple recipe is gluten-free, refined sugar-free and vegan.
For the filling
- 2½ cups fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons tapioca flour
For the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease an 8- or 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Blend 1 cup of blackberries with chia seeds in a blender until the blackberries are all blended and set aside to let it set up for 10 minutes.
- Halves the remaining blackberries and toss with the maple syrup and tapioca starch in a medium bowl. Set the blackberries aside while you make the crust.
- Add the almond flour, oats, maple syrup, baking powder, and salt to a different bowl and whisk until combined. Add the coconut oil and use your fingers to work it in until coarse crumbs form and the mixture holds together when pressed.
- Remove a heaping ½ cup of the crumbs for the topping and pour the remaining crumbs into the bottom of the prepared pan. Press the dough evenly down into the pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until a little puffy and beginning to set. Remove from oven and spread the blackberry chia mixture over the top of the baked crust. Arrange the halved blackberries on top of that and sprinkle the remaining crumble evenly over the top of the berries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the filling is bubbling and the crust is lightly brown. At around 20 minutes, tent the tart with foil to prevent it from getting too brown. Let cool completely before slicing and serving.
Honey can be substituted for the maple syrup if you’re not vegan.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: blackberries, oatmeal, tart, vegan, gluten-free