These are the BEST Vegan Nachos I’ve ever had! They’re loaded with sauteed vegetables, vegan taco meat, pico de gallo, avocado, cilantro, and topped with a ton of vegan cheese sauce. They’re the perfect cheesy snack.
- About 8 cups tortilla chips, use grain-free tortilla chips to keep it paleo
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small brown onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, cored and sliced
- 1½ cup vegan taco meat
- 1 to 1½ cups vegan cheese sauce
- ½ to 1 cup chunky salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 cup guacamole or diced avocado
- Cilantro, to garnish
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Fresh jalapenos
- Diced red onion
- Fresh lime wedges
- Begin by preparing the vegan taco meat and vegan cheese sauce. These can be made up to four days ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a small baking sheet or oven-safe skillet with parchment paper to help with easy clean-up.
- In a large saute pan, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil or avocado oil. Once the oil is hot, add the mushrooms, onions, and peppers. Saute on medium-high heat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and cooked to your liking. Remove from the heat.
- Arrange your chips on the prepared pan and add toppings in your desired order. I like taco meat first, then the sauteed veggies, salsa, and cheese sauce.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes to heat all the ingredients together.
- Remove from the oven and top with guacamole or avocado, cilantro, jalapenos and diced red onion, if using. Serve immediately!
Keywords: nachos, vegan nachos, vegan cheese, vegetarian nachos