This Banana Nut Butter with Cacao Nibs is a sweet spreadable treat made with pecans and walnuts, and crunchy cacao nibs in every bite! This sugar-free nut butter is paleo, vegan, and Whole30-friendly. You’ll want to spread it on everything.
- 2 ¼ cups raw walnuts
- 1 cup raw pecans
- ¾ cup freeze-dried bananas
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the walnuts and pecans on a lined baking sheet and bake in the heated for about 8-10 minutes or until fragrant and lightly toasted. Let cool for a few minutes on the countertop. You can also leave the nuts raw if you prefer.
- When the nuts are cool, set aside 1/4 cup toasted walnuts to pulse in at the end. Add the rest of the nuts to your food processor or high-powered blender (I used my Vitamix). Process for about 3-6 minutes, scraping down as necessary. Your time might be shorter if you’re using a high-powered blender – it will take a little bit longer in the food processor and require more scraping down.
- When the walnuts and pecans have broken down into smooth, creamy butter, add the freeze-dried bananas, cinnamon, vanilla bean powder, and salt. Process to incorporate, and taste. Adjust add-ins as desired. Finally, add the cacao nibs and toasted walnuts and pulse a few times to incorporate and break up the walnuts a bit.
- Transfer to a glass jar or two (like a Mason or Weck jar) and store in the refrigerator for 2-3 months.